We’ve worked with the folks at World History Digital Education Foundation for some years now. Sponsored in part by the Korea Foundation, WHDEF provides free resources to teachers by:
- Creating innovative digital resources in world history education such as story maps, multi-media curriculums, interactive websites, and virtual reality experiences.
- Developing one-to-one technology capability programs for high needs schools lacking the financial capacity for digital educational technology and equipment.
- Training social studies teachers in the use of technology and engaging them to write new curriculums and lesson plans.
- Developing a collaborative online community of educators who will share best practices in social studies education.
- Educating students on the use of digital resources for research and learning
Our work encompasses design, WordPress development, search engine optimization, and consulting on how best to provide online access to new resources for teachers as they come up. In particular:
- The lesson plans section allows teachers to filter an ever-growing set of lesson modules by topic, skills taught, and other parameters.
- The AP World History section provides useful resources about Korea for teachers of the Advanced Placement World History exam.
- The COVID-19 Webinar page highlights a recent set of online seminars with speakers from a variety of organizations.